Jury Duty for January 9, 2023 is Cancelled.
For your convenience, you have the ability to file the following case types online
Self Help Law Center
View information on the Self Help Law Center in our Resource Directory.
The Montana Law Help
The Montana Law Help website is available or calling Montana Legal Services at 800-999-4941.
The State Law Library
The forms on this site are provided by the State Law Library, not the Clerk of District Court's office. We do not guarantee the accuracy of the forms. Any documents filed in our office must meet the requirements of the Montana Code Annotated, the Uniform District Court Rules, and the Local Court Rules.
- Montana Marriage Application (PDF)
- Both parties need to be present at the time of application
- Certified Birth Certificate or State issued ID or Tribal Identification
- Date of Decree of Dissolution of Marriage (if previously married and divorced)
- Fee: $53 cash only
The passport application, renewal application, and more detailed information on fees and required documentation are available with the U.S. Department of State Site.
All passport applications for minors under age 16 require the consent of both parents. If both parents are not able to appear at the Clerk of Court, the absent parent must submit a notarized statement of permission. This form is available at this office and at the U.S. Government passport site. Persons age 16 and 17 must have one parent's or legal guardian's signature in addition to their own.
- Passports take about 8 - 11 weeks to process
- Expedite service takes about 5 - 7 weeks to process
- Passport Photo
- Certified Birth Certificate
- State issued ID or Tribal ID
- Passport books/cards prices vary please contact District Court Office.
Written Request is required on all copies and searches. Please provide as much information as possible. Send your written request along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope to our office at:
Clerk of Court
P.O. Box 908
Hardin, MT 59304
Payments must be received first before any copies or searches are done. Only Cashiers checks or money orders are accepted through the mail. We only accept checks from Attorney's Offices.
Copy & Search Fees
- Copy of Marriage License - $5 (Marriage licenses are sealed for 3 years from the date of marriage and copies are only available to the bride and groom. In order to obtain a copy of your marriage license, for identification purposes, your request should include a copy of your legible government ID.)
- Copy of Divorce Decree - $10
- Copies (except Marriage License and Divorce Decree) - $1 per page for the first 10 pages, $0.50 per page for each additional page
- Certification with Seal - $2 per document
- Searches - $2 per name per year for the first seven years each, $1 per name per year for each additional year thereafter
- Fee Schedule (PDF) - Complete list of fees
- Cash only or checks approved by Clerk of Court
- Dissolution Commencement of Action $200 plus $50 decree fee at the time of the final hearing
- Civil Commencement of Action - $120
- Appearance Fees - $70
- Copies / Fax filing - $1 per page
- Copies of Marriage License - $5
- Certified Copy - $7
- Copies of Decree of Dissolution - $10
- Certified Copy - $12
- District Court office does not issue any type of packets for complaints or dissolutions.