QUARANTINE AND ISOLATION MEASURES AS ADOPTED BY THE LOCAL BOARD OF HEALTH—10 Apr
Whereas Montana Code §50-2-118 provides:
Powers and duties of local health officers. In order to carry out the purpose of the public health system, in collaboration with federal, state, and local partners, local health officers or their authorized representatives shall:
(1) make inspections for conditions of public health importance and issue written orders for compliance or for correction, destruction, or removal of the condition;
(2) take steps to limit contact between people in order to protect the public health from imminent threats, including but not limited to ordering the closure of buildings or facilities where people congregate and canceling events;
(3) report communicable diseases to the department as required by rule;
(4) establish and maintain quarantine and isolation measures as adopted by the local board of health; and
(5) pursue action with the appropriate court if this chapter or rules adopted by the local board or department under this chapter are violated.
Pursuant to (4) of such code we the Local Board of Health for Big Horn County, Montana hereby adopt the following isolation and quarantine measures for the COVID-19 pandemic:
A) Terms defined in Montana Code Annotated shall have the meanings given in the Montana Code Annotated.
B) A person known to be infected with COVID-19 or if there is a strong suspicion that a person has COVID-19 such person, immediately upon arrival in Big Horn County, Montana, shall report, verbally or in writing, to the Local Health Office. Such person is to be immediately isolated for 14 consecutive calendar days at a location deemed suitable by the Local Health Officer. The Local Health Officer may direct such person to be examined by a physician licensed in Montana of the Local Health Officer’s choosing. Such examination may be paid for by the Local Board of Health.
The Local Health Officer shall investigate sources of the infection and determine the termination date of isolation.
Any person who refuses examination or treatment shall be isolated until such time as the Local Health Officer makes a judgment that releasing the person from isolation would not endanger others.
The Local Health Officer may also make, in the professional judgment of the Local Health Officer, any orders regarding, isolation, quarantine, including but not limited to self-quarantine.
The Local Health Office may also issue recommendations regarding quarantine, self or otherwise and isolation.
The Local Health Officer may, in the professional judgment of the Local Health Officer, take whatever actions are reasonably necessary to establish, maintain and enforce these measures.
These QUARANTINE AND ISOLATION MEASURES AS ADOPTED BY THE LOCAL BOARD OF HEALTH may be amended, changed, or revoked, in whole or in part any time.
I hereby certify that this Public Health Regulation titled QUARANTINE AND ISOLATION MEASURES AS ADOPTED BY THE LOCAL BOARD OF HEALTH was duly enacted by the Big Horn County Health Board with a vote of __5__ in favor, _0__ opposed, and _0__ abstaining and that a quorum was present on this _10th_ day of April, 2020.
Chairman of Health Board