Clerk & Recorder

 Kimberly Yarlott Clerk and Recorder 406.665.9731
 Teresa Turnsplenty Clerk 2 406.665.9730
 Peri Schenderline Clerk 1 406.665.9732

Forms & Resources


D9231078 copy

Birth Certificate Application
Death Certificate Application
Military Discharge Application
Document Standards
Realty Transfer Certificate


MCA Code
MT Cadastral

Rural Address

Big Horn County Rural Addressing is an on-going project that is jointly coordinated by the Disaster and Emergency Services Enhanced 9-1-1 program and the Clerk and Recorder’s Office. The Big Horn County Commissioners oversee the program.

Big Horn County Rural Addresses describe the physical location of the structure or residence and cannot be used for mailing addresses. Physical addresses are used to offer proof of residency to obtain a Post Office Box, for voter registration, for obtaining utility connections, to receive freight deliveries, and in purchasing a firearm. Residents may call to schedule an appointment for data collection.

Rural Addresses issued by the County are kept on file in the Clerk and Recorder’s Office. To determine if you have a physical address in the data base, call the Big Horn County Clerk and Recorder’s Office at 406-665-9730.

Request for Rural Address Form