|Karen Jean Yarlott||Clerk of Courtemail@example.com|
|Gloria Goes Ahead||Deputyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Self Help Law Center
216 N. 29th Street Billings, MT 59101
Monday – 9 am to 4 pm
Tuesday – 9 am to 4 pm
Wednesday – 1 pm to 4 pm
Thursday – 9 am to 4 pm
Friday – 9 am to 12 pm
Marriage License Information
- Both parties need to be present at the time of application
- Certified Birth Certificates
- State issued ID or Tribal Identification
- Dissolution of Marriage if previously married and divorced
- Fee: $53.00 Cash
The passport application, renewal application, and more detailed information on fees and required documentation is available at www.travel.state.gov.
All passport applications for minors under age 16 require the consent of both parents. If both parents are not able to appear at the Clerk of Court, the absent parent must submit a notarized statement of permission. This form is available at this office and at the US Government passport site. Persons age 16 and 17 must have one parent’s or legal guardian’s signature in addition to their own.
- Passports take about 6-8 weeks to process
- Passport Photos (2)
- Certified Birth Certificate
- State issued ID or Tribal ID
- Passport books/cards prices vary please contact District Court Office.
Copies & Record Searches
Written Request is required on all copies and searches. Please provide as much information as possible. Send your written request along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope to our office at:
Clerk of Court
PO Box 908
Hardin, MT 59304
PAYMENTS MUST BE RECEIVED FIRST BEFORE ANY COPIES OR SEARCHES ARE DONE. Only Cashiers checks or money orders are accepted through the mail. We only accept checks from Attorney’s Offices.
Copy & Search Fees
- Copy of Marriage License – $5.00 (Marriage licenses are sealed for 3 years from the date of marriage and copies are only available to the bride & groom. In order to obtain a copy of your marriage license, for identification purposes, your request should include a copy of your legible government ID.)
- Copy of Divorce Decree – $10.00
- Copies (except Marriage License and Divorce Decree) – $1.00 per page for first 10 pages, $0.50 per page for each additional page
- Certification with Seal – $2.00 per document
- Searches – $2.00 per name per year for the first seven years each, $1.00 per name per year for each additional year thereafter
Fee Schedule – Complete list of fees
Cash only or checks approved by Clerk of Court
Dissolution Commencement of Action 200.00 plus 45.00 decree fee at time of final hearing
Civil Commencement of Action 120.00
Appearance Fees 70.00
Copies/Fax filing 1.00 per page
Copies of Marriage License 5.00
Certified Copy 7.00
Copies of Decree of Dissolution 10.00
Certified Copy 12.00
District Court office does not issue any type of packets for complaints or dissolutions.
The Montana Law Help
The Montana Law Help website is available at www.montanalawhelp.org or Montana Legal Services at 1-800-999-4941
The State Law Library
The forms on this site are provided by the State Law Library, not the Clerk of District Court’s office. We do not guarantee the accuracy of the forms. Any documents filed in our office must meet the requirements of the Montana Code Annotated, the Uniform District Court Rules, and the Local Court Rules.